Time for Success
You might not see the correlation in the above phrase but one cannot hope to meet any level of success without putting in the needed time to carry out the set goal… Everything takes time… breathing takes time… the more you breathe the longer you live, so while you’re still here I recommend you consider setting your 2012 social media goals.
Writing it down
Before we move on to our five simple social media goals you might consider using a pen while you ponder… write down the most important activities you need to be focusing on.
For example last evening before going to sleep I wrote out my top ten chores for today… and then I thanked my brain for all it’s hard work and said good night….Guess what… writing this blog is the last thing on my list and I feel very happy to have accomplished all the tasks. I will repeat again tonight and tomorrow night and so on…..
“As You Think – So Shall You Be”
This week is a New Year and an excellent time to get a head start on your goals… that little voice in your head that keeps telling you to do this or that…. nattering at you non-stop….
2012 looks great… Love the numbers and how they sound… so let’s set a few easy goals right now.
Five Simple Social Media Goals for 2012
1. Commit to each Social Media account for 15 minutes a day. Start with your Facebook Business Page, make a “What’s on your mind” update at least once a day. Go to your News Feed on the Home page and engage in conversation with other Facebook Pages. Move on to LinkedIn or Twitter. After spending 30 minutes on social media “Log out” Repeat every day.
2. Do Not Be Afraid of saying the wrong thing – talk from experience, share your wisdom. If you have people who have LIKE’d your page or decided to “Follow” you…. they’ll want to get to know you or already like what you have to say. The more you go out on a limb the more fun social media can be.
3. Listen – Engage – Build Relationships remember social media is not a race to see who can get the most Fans, it is a marketing tool set up to build loyalty through engagement. If you concentrate on “Like Minded” relationships this cross-pollination builds trust and sets you up as the authority.
4. 30 Fans on Your Facebook Business Page – Once you cross this milestone with Facebook, measuring your success just became easier. Go into your Insights every week and look at what is working for you and the real size of your audience. Look at how many people are talking about your page and follow the key metrics so you can optimize your posts.
5. Educate – Educate and Educate Yourself – If you are spending 15 minutes a day on social media it will take time to learn your new language and feel comfortable. Take courses on-line and in person. Every time you take a course or clinic you will hear something you did not hear before.
“It is not who you know, but what you know, and if you don’t know anything, you won’t know anyone”
Now it’s your turn.. share with us your goals and tell us what tips and tricks you carry out everyday to keep moving forward with social media. Remember every few weeks your goals will need to be measured and adjusted, never set goals you know you won’t keep, but never set your goals so low they don’t feel exciting… ask for help when setting goals, review what’s most important to you with your partner… when times get tough roll up those sleeves and take a deep breath and keep breathing.
You can find hundreds of blogs written just to help you succeed at the link below – good luck ♥
Heather Clifford lives in beautiful Nanaimo and teaches social media clinics through out BC… Victoria, Nanaimo, Courtenay, Tofino, Coquitlam, Whistler, Kelowna , Prince George… Heather’s clinic are held in small groups for hands on help for all levels of technology…all students leave feeling confident with their new marketing tools…Give Heather a call today 250-668-3310